- 47 U.S. Code § 227 – Restrictions on use of telephone equipment
- About Us
- Attorney Referral and Affiliate Program
- Bankruptcy Attorney Referral and Affiliate Program
- Bankruptcy Discharge But No Fresh Start
- California Credit Lawyers
- Child Identity Theft
- Collection Lawsuit Defense
- Contact Us
- Credit Card Disputes
- Credit Repair
- Credit Repair Organization Affiliate Program
- Credit Repair Organizations Act
- Credit Reporting Traps – Foreclosure/Short sale
- CREDIT REPORTING TRAPS RELATED TO LOAN MODIFICATIONS
- Credit Traps to Avoid After Bankruptcy
- Debt Collection Harassment
- 25 most common violations of your rights by a debt collector
- Debt Collectors Hate us…You’ll love us
- FAQs About Your Rights under the FDCPA
- Notices that debt collectors must provide to you
- Steps you should take immediately if sued by a debt collector
- Steps you should take immediately if you are contacted by a debt collector
- Debt Collection List
- Debt Settlement
- Employment And Credit Reports
- Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act
- Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA)
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA)
- FAQS ABOUT IDENTITY THEFT
- FAQS ABOUT YOUR CREDIT REPORT RIGHTS
- Firm News
- Five most important things that affect your credit score
- Five tips for managing derogatory information on your credit report.
- Four Creative Ways People Will Try to Steal Your Identity
- Get 3 Dispute Letters For Free From Us
- Home Spanish
- HOW CAN I PREVENT MY IDENTITY FROM GETTING STOLEN?
- HOW CAN YOU TELL IF YOU MAY BE A VICTIM OF IDENTITY THEFT?
- How Divorce Can Damage your Credit Report
- HOW DO IDENTITY THIEVES GET MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- How To Fix Your Own Credit Report
- How to Select a Legitimate Credit Counselor
- How We Work With Credit Repair Companies
- Identity Theft
- Identity Theft Victim’s Complaint and Affidavit
- Michigan Consumer Credit Lawyers vs Lexington Law
- Michigan Occupational Code
- Mortgage Lender Affiliate Program
- Our Core Values
- Our Divorce Attorney Referral And Affiliate Program
- Our Story
- Our Team
- Popular Myths Regarding Your Credit Score
- SAMPLE CEASE AND DESIST LETTER
- SAMPLE CONSUMER DISPUTE LETTER TO SEND TO CREDIT REPORTING AGENCY
- SAMPLE DEMAND FOR VERIFICATION OF DEBT LETTER
- SAMPLE DISPUTE LETTER TO SEND TO MERCHANTS
- SAMPLE LETTER TO CONSUMER REPORTING AGENCY TO BLOCK INFORMATION
- Statutes of Limitations for Credit Reporting
- STEPS YOU SHOULD TAKE TO PROTECT YOUR CREDIT
- Student Loan Debt Collection Harassment
- How to Cancel Your Student Loans
- In Default of Your Student Loans? Know these Terms
- Is my Student Loan Dischargeable in Bankruptcy?
- My Student Loan Lender Won’t Negotiate With Me. What happens Now?
- The pros and cons of student loan consolidation. Is it right for you?
- You Have Rights Even If You’ve Defaulted On Your Student Loans
- Sued By A Debt Buyer?
- SUMMARY OF FACTA ACT PARTS
- Telephone Consumer Protection Act
- The Home Affordability Modification Program
- The Michigan Collection Practices Act
- Ways That Your Credit Report Can Get Damaged Without You Even Knowing About It
- We Sue Debt Collectors and Make Them Pay Your Damages and Our Fees
- What a Debt Collector Can and Cannot Do
- WHAT SHOULD I DO IF MY IDENTITY IS STOLEN?
- MCCL Thought Leadership Scholarship Application
- Your paid credit repair journey with FES/UWE has ended. Your free one with us can begin now.
- Is EquityExperts.org slipping in defending against the flurry of Fair Debt Collection Practices Act lawsuits?
- The CFPB is now coming after sellers of paid credit repair programs. Multilevel marketing company agents and owners, beware!
- How to know when you have been screwed out of that loan payment deferral promised to you by your lender
- Can Zombie Debt be killed once and for all?
- The Advantages of Using a Credit Repair Company for Michiganders with Bad Credit
- In Spite of Strict Regulations, Payday Lenders Continue to Prey on Michigan Consumers
- A Credit Card Guide for Michigan Consumers who want to Rebuild a Bad Credit Score
- Michigan Consumers Beware: This Payday Loan Alternative may Actually be more Expensive
Bad Debt Collection info floating around the 'Net
Collection Agencies breaking the law
- Can I still be garnished during this COVID-19 outbreak?
- SLEAZY DEBT COLLECTOR AWARD GOES TO EQUITY EXPERTS.
- How to stop the debt collector – Grinch from contacting you during the holiday.
- IF A DEBT COLLECTOR WON’T STOP CALLING….YOU CAN RING HIS BELL UNDER THE TELEPHONE CONSUMER PROTECTION ACT.
- The FTC had a busy 2014 nailing abusive debt collectors.
- The FTC’s List of Banned Debt Collectors
- How to Sue a Debt Collector
- FTC sues Payday Loan Company for selling consumer’s personal information.
- Payday Lender Gets Slapped with $760K Fine by MN Attorney General
- Scam Debt Collection Calls Rising
- Debt Collectors are Crushing Consumers
- 6 Years of Harassing Debt Collector Calls – To the Wrong Guy
- Van Nuys Debt Collector to Pay $1.1 Million Fine to Settle Charges of Bullying Consumers
- Your New Facebook Friend in the bikini? She may be an Undercover Debt Collector
- Top 5 Reasons to Avoid Payday Loans
- Debt Settlement Company Fined $3.3 Million for Deceiving Consumers
- Consumer Wins Against Stale Debt Collection Lawsuit
- NY Attorney General Defeats Sleazy Debt Collectors, Shuts Down Company
- Payday Lender CashCall Fined $13 Million for Violating Consumer Rights Under FDCPA
- Debt Collector Abuse on the Rise
- Payday Loans…..mostly collection scams
- So just how Low did Accretive Health Collections go to collect money from people?
- You Are Not Alone: 1 in 7 People Pursued by Debt Collectors
- Beware of phony debt collectors
- FTC Shuts Down abusive and deceptive debt collector
- Debt collector abuse results in $1.5 million verdict for consumer.
- Debt Collector dumb enough to leave you a message? Sue him!
- South Dakota AG finally gets the word about Payday loan collection scams.
- How to fight back against Payday Loan collectors.
- West Asset Management spanked by the FTC for violating consumer rights
- Collection agencies representing the movie houses ARE governed by the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act
- 25 Most Common Violations of your rights by Debt Collectors
- If you dont know you owe it, DON’T PAY IT…
- Beware of scam “debt collectors” working for Payday Loan companies
- Ohio Attorney General settles with Collection Agency, National Enterprise Systems
- Collection agency posing as prosecuting attorney gets caught and pays $2.55 million
- OMG….you just can’t make this stuff up
- New tales of outrageous debt collectors actions…soon to be classics
- When collectors exert too much pressure….
- Collection agencies…going from bad to worse
Collection Law Firms in the News
- Student Loan Debt Collector Earns $454,000 – Rich Rewards for Student Loan Debt Collector
- Widow Sues “Death Debt Collector” for collection harassment
- Always think about emotional damages under the FDCPA when discussing your case
- Oregon Attorney loses law license for violating consumer rights under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act
- Consumers deceived and bullied into paying debt
- Even Law Firms are not immune to the promising results that they cannot deliver
- Alabama A.G. wrongfully shuts down attorney who restructured debts for consumers to banks’ chagrin
Collection Laws Michigan
- What steps you must take if you have been a victim of identity theft
- Has the Michigan Legislature mistakenly hurt consumers while attempting to protect them?
- FTC hits collection agency with largest penalty in history
- Why suing on purchased debt is rarely successful.
- Payday Loans are risky business for both borrower and lender
Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
COVID and Credit
- Stop throwing your money away on credit repair. Here is how you can get it from a law firm for free.
- What Questions should Michigan Consumers ask a Credit Repair Law Firm before Hiring them?
- How should Michigan Consumers Deal with Debt Collectors who try to Stop them from Getting Mortgages?
- What Michigan Consumers should know about TransUnion’s Willful Violations of the Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Top 4 Tips for Michigan Consumers who have had their Smart Phones Stolen by Identity Thieves
- Why Michigan Consumers may Want to Know about a Fraudulent Debt Relief Company under Investigation in Florida
Credit Card Disputes
- Are Credit Repair Companies in Michigan, Legit?
- Do Credit Repair Companies Work in Michigan?
- Credit Repair Scams in Michigan
- Credit Repair Services in Michigan – Top 4 tips on How to Choose a Legitimate company
- Credit Repair Reviews in Michigan
- Credit Repair Tips in Michigan
- Credit Repair For Dummies in Michigan
- Gloves come off – The CFPB and Lexington file cross Motion for partial Summary Judgment in CFPB v Lexington Law.
- What Do I Do If I Am Being Sued By a Debt Buyer In Michigan?
- Why Is My Bankruptcy Discharge Not Getting Me The Fresh Start I Was Promised?
- Consumers No Longer Have To Pay For Credit Repair
- Top 5 Reasons To Try Our Credit Repair Program At Michigan Consumer Credit Lawyers
- Warning! Consumers should be on Guard against Letters and Phone Calls from Equity Experts!
- WAS BANK OF AMERICA FORCED TO FORGIVE YOUR HOME EQUITY LOAN? THEY GOT THEIR REVENGE BY DAMAGING YOUR CREDIT!
- Was your identity stolen by the recent Yahoo Hack?
- Congratulations to Mr. and Mrs. Spanovich for settling their case against BMO Harris
- How the new FTC Identity Theft Report works…or not
- A single charge off is now multiple charge offs and they are killing your credit score.
- 5 things to look for when hiring Credit Repair Company
- Breaking News – Michigan Consumer Credit Lawyers obtain Finding against Xerox Education Services for Willful Violation of the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
- How We Can Fix Your Credit For Free
- Is your credit repair company doing EVERYTHING it can to help you?
- What Credit Repair Organizations should know about when credit reporting agencies may decline to investigate their dispute letters?
- Experian is getting slammed with new law suits for refusing to investigate consumer disputes with “Suspicious Request” letters.
- Sister Company Arizona Credit Lawyers Launches New Website
- Credit Repair After Foreclosure in Michigan
Credit Repair Company
Credit Repair Law Firm
Credit Repair Lawyer
Credit Reporting Traps
Debt Collection Laws - Federal
- Statute of Limitations on Debt in Michigan
- Debt Collectors – The Worst of the Worst
- Debtor’s Prisons Still Around? You betcha’!
- Sen. Franken’s proposed changes to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act – great ideas!
- Supreme Court to consider whether a fax sent to a debtor’s employer violates the prohibition against third party contact under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.
- Fixing Your Credit After a Student Loan Default
- Financial Reforms Make Getting Your Credit Report Easier Than Ever
- Consumers beware – you may have skated past the creditor, but you may not be as lucky with the I.R.S.
- When a “reasonable” reinvestigation is unreasonable under the Fair Credit Reporting Act
- The limits of the FDCPA
Debt Collection Nuts and Bolts
- What you need to know when dealing with a debt collector
- Debt Doesn’t Have to Be Forever: Knowing the Statute of Limitations on Debts
- Facebook users can have their identities stolen
- Getting sued for debt? Don’t sweat it; you’ve got rights.
- Consumer complaints about debt collectors are rising
- Credit Repair Companies – Do they really have the goods to help?
- Your wages can get garnished for a student loan…without a judgment
- They have a judgment against me…what can I do now?
Debt Collection Tricks and Traps
- When visiting the hospital, beware of the guy in the lab coat. He may be a debt collector.
- Beware of this collector trick – credit card co signer vs. authorized user
- Be careful of bad blog advise about Fair Debt Collection Practices Act violations
- Got credit card debt???…..here is how to manage it YOUR WAY…
Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Wells Fargo FINED $185 million for opening bogus accounts
- Not Checking Your Credit Reports? It Will Cost You!
- 60 Minutes Shocking Report – 1 in 5 Credit Reports are wrong
- Kmart Fined $3 Million for Violating Consumer Rights under the Fair Credit Reporting Act
- The High Cost of Credit Report Errors
- New Credit Reporting Agency on the Block – CoreLogic – A new problem for would be homeowners?
- Your Credit Score Is Not The One The Lender Sees
- Experian debuts a new credit score to help others or off the financial grid
- Why Suing Debt Collectors is Free for Consumers
- Consumer Lawyers, when filing your Fair Credit Reporting Act, don’t forget the details
- The Big three Credit Reporting Agencies are not the only ones talking about you. Have you ever heard of “Specialty Reports?”
- Job Shopping? Your credit score may be an important factor in landing that job.
- Federal Trade Commission Warns Credit Report Sites
- Spokeo Faces Potential Class Action for FCRA Violations
- The primary identity theft threats
- Help yourself to improve your credit score
- States want to limit pre employment credit checks
- FTC fines Credit Reporting Agency for shirking its duties under the Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Take Control of your credit report…NOW
- They collect more than just credit information about you
- The downward spiral of credit affects even those with great credit
- OMG….The CRA’s are sooooo F’ed Up when it comes to ID theft!!!!
- Emotional damages are easier to obtain under the FDPCA and FCRA than under state laws
- President Bush signs law clarifying FACTA
- Zombie debt….it just won’t die…
- How to dispute an item on your credit report….its easy.
- How to avoid solicitation calls from lenders
- Get your free credit report…commercial free
- How to best manage your biggest asset….your credit score
- Your credit report needs an annual check up
Fair Debt Collection Practices Act
- Accretive Health fined $2.5 Million for abusive collection practices
- Top Five Ways to make the Fair Debt Collection Work for and Protect You
- How to immediately tell if you are being scammed by a fake debt collector
- Be Aware: Debt Collectors May Be Fakes
- Jury sends Trans Union a direct message “Fix your system and provide better customer service.”
- To Get Paid, Some Debt Collection Agencies Hop On Facebook
- What constitutes debt collection harassment under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act?
- How to stop collection agency harassment
- Attorney General Cuomo sues attorney for selling his name to a sleazy collection agency
- You may get dunned for a debt that you don’t owe, but might be forced to pay, anyway.
- Emotional Damages…either take it seriously or get off the pot.
- Did a debt collector leave a voicemail message for you? Sue him!
- The Illusion of Home Mortgage Modification
- Need a Loan Modification? Get your docs together!
- Michigan’s new Mortgage Foreclosure Law can be a great help
- Do it yourself resources to save your home from foreclosure
- If you are in foreclosure, you need an exit strategy.
- Zen and the art of skipping that next mortgage payment…
- Ideas to defend against foreclosure
Free Credit Repair
Free Credit Repair Lawyer
Getting sued for consumer debt? Fight BACK!
- How to Hire an Identity Theft Lawyer in Michigan
- Is your Smartphone stealing your identity?
- Prevent Identity Theft while Shopping
- How to keep safe from Identity Thieves
- Identity Theft is still on the rise…unfortunately. Be prepared when it happens to you.
- Interstate Laws for Debt Collection
- Where Does Michigan Stack Up Against the Rest of The Country in Identity Theft?
- 7 of the Largest Identity Theft Crimes
- Common Identity Theft Myths
- Tax Identity Theft – What to do if you are a victim
- What are the Types of Identity Theft Forms I Need to Fill Out?
- Child Identity Theft : How Serious Is It?
Mortgage Foreclosure Defense
Scams and Scam Collectors
Student Loan Debt Collection
Telephone Consumer Protection Act
- Why credit repair companies can’t fix your credit reports
- Get Answers to your questions about credit repair, student loans and debt collection harassment NOW!!!!
- We now offer Free Student Loan Consultations.
- Tax Return Identity Theft
- Credit Repair Professionals newest resource ACRED.info
- Payday Scammer finally has what he has coming to him….an Indictment
- Ways that your credit report can get damaged without you even knowing about it
- Credit Report Issues worth Disputing
- Identity Theft from Online Job Boards
- How to Handle Debt Collection Threats
- You may be a debtor, but you don’t have to be a victim.
- Statute of Limitations under the Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Debt collectors forced to pay $10,000,000 to victim of harassing calls
- Now that the FTC is off my case, I can talk
- Debt Collector sentenced to 15 years in jail on gun charges
- Debt buyer must show more than payments made on account to prove its case
- Dealing With Debt Collectors, the Easy Way
- Why purchasing debt is a bad bet at trial
Your credit and credit score
- Tttttalking about my generation…and credit score
- One tiny glitch by Experian has caused major credit score drops for many
- Child Identity Theft is on the rise
- How to Make the Credit Reporting Agencies correct your Credit Report
- Blindly trusting your bank is an avoidable handicap.
- Lenders Need Only One Credit Report, Says Fannie Mae
- So when is a Firm offer of Credit NOT so firm?
- Lifelock gets fined by the FTC for lying to the public
- Beware…that trade in can destroy your good credit